Thanks from Dean Mills

The publisher of the Missourian sent this note along to Executive Editor Tom Warhover and General Manager Dan Potter about our blizzard coverage:

I’m relying on you two to relay not just my congrats but my admiration for the amazing job you and your teams have done in providing spectacular coverage under hardship conditions. If I tried emailing individually, I know I’d miss many key people.

The variety and quality of Missourian content (on the Web; it’ll be a while before I get to a print edition from out here on the tundra) have been amazing: solid facutal coverage of the blizzard and its aftermath, along with wonderful bits of whimsy like the great story and photo of the Deaton snow battle on the Quad.

And Dan, thanks to you and your team for the advance planning that has shown our customers and our community that we take our role as information-provider and community-connector seriously.



That’s for everyone who trudged in, trudged out, sent in a photo or a tidbit of information or in any way contributed to our ongoing coverage of Snowpocalypse 2011. I checked our site every hour or so Tuesday and first thing this morning, as usual, and it gave me a sense of what was going on all over town, on I-70 and around the state. Some of it was just fun, too (I love the photo of the snowplow stuck in a drift, though I doubt the driver was entertained).

As you venture out today, capture what you see and experience with your camera and your notebook and send it in. This is a the big dig-out day.

And as always, stay safe.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Thanks from Dean Mills

  1. Jeff Lautenberger says:

    Having taking the photo of the plow driver stuck in the drift, I can say he was a little embarrassed at first when he saw me approaching with my camera, but he remained in good spirits and never asked me to leave. I talked to him for awhile in between taking pictures around his truck, which he had no problem with. He was probably entertained enough watching me stumble around up to me knees and squatting on the pavement in the middle of the road for my shots!

    He said he’d been working since 8 a.m. that morning and was nearing the end of his 12-hour shift. That was the second time that day he’d gotten stuck. Citing some public works policy, the driver wouldn’t give his name, but I sure tried.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s